Tilapia Ceviche (Ceviche de Tilapia)
(servings: 4 - 8) (Difficulty: Easy) (Prep Time: 30m) (Cook Time: 1:30 h) (Ready in: 2 h)
- 1 pound of fresh tilapia (chopped into 1 inch squares)
- 2 yellow bell peppers (chopped into small cubes)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped into small cubes)
- 20 key limes (juice)
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro (hand pick the leaves)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Step 1 - Clean and steam tilapia until almost cooked. Cool fish.
- Step 2 - In a large bowl, mix and cover all of the ingredients and place in refrigerator for 2 hours
- Step 3 - Serve in small bowls garnished with thin slices of key limes if desired
- Step 4 - The tilapia will be ready when it's firm and opaque.
- Please take extreme caution when eating fish that has been only marinated in lime juice. Raw fish tends to have higher levels of bacteria and live parasites.
Created - August 28, 2013